The Siren's Song
|The Siren's Song|
|Airdate||June 14, 2011|
|Written By||Roger Eschbacher|
|Directed By||Victor Cook|
|Next Episode||Menace Of The Manticore|
The Siren's Song is the twentieth episode of the first season of Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated.
Feeling left out of the group, Velma goes solo to investigate attacks by amphibious "Fish Freaks" in the area around an abandoned oil rig, only to find a friend of her own... in the form of a mermaid!
- This episode originally aired on May 2, 2011 on Canada's Teletoon.
- Flim-Flam has an exhibit in the Crystal Cove Spook Museum. He is incarcerated, serving 25 years to life.
- Scrappy-Doo is also there, but they have sworn never to speak of him.
- Velma runs a blog about the gang. She finds out that Amy and her mother both follow it. It turns out Velma regularly locks her door, but Angie has a key to it, and regularly invades her privacy.
- This is the second time the gang meet Ed Machine again face-to-face, after Where Walks Aphrodite.
- There are six Skipper Sheltons: the clammer who owns the Clam Cabin, a sardiner, a shrimper, a manta-rayer, a kelper, and a sea-dragoner (whom they don't talk about). This parallels Daphne and her sisters, suggesting she has five (with the odd one being the astronaut sister).
- In this episode, skeptical Velma believed a person in a costume to be a real supernatural creature. Amyappealed to her loneliness and her desire to have a secret friend.
- This is the first time that Angel Dynamite has been hinted to be Cassidy Williams; Velma outright declares it.
- Ernesto's statement, "We have to destroy the environment in order to save it" is an echo of the famous Vietnam-era quote, "We had to destroy the village in order to save it."